PEPSO has just laucnched its newest report, The Precarity Penalty: Employment Precarity’s Impact on Individuals, Families and Communities and What to do about It . Read the full report and report summary below.
Click here to download the full 2-day conference agenda from PEPSO’s Precarity Penalty launch event that took place in Toronto May 21-22, 2015.
Speaker presentations from the day have also been made available for download, and are listed below.
- Wayne Lewchuk and Michelynn Lafleche — The Precarity Penalty (PDF | PPT)
- Rod Jones — Employee Selection, Training, Development & Certification (PDF | PPT)
- Ken Delaney — HSTAC & Other Training Consortia in Ontario (PDF | PPT)
- Will Stratton — Employer Practice Makes a Difference (PDF | PPT)
- Erin Hatton — How Temp Work Became the Norm … And Where to go from Here? (PDF | PPT)
- Heidi Gottfried — Precarity in Work and Life: Forging a New Reproductive Bargain (PDF | PPT)
- Fran Baum — Who benefits and who loses from less secure forms of employment? (PDF )
- Tom Cooper — Living beyond the minimum — The Hamilton Living Wage Initiative (PDF | PPT)
- Dena Warman — City of Toronto Job Quality Assessment Tool (PDF | PPT)
- John Shields — Precarious Undertakings: Nonprofit Work, Funding and Communities at Risk (PDF | PPT)
- Grace-Edward Galabuzi — Impact of High Levels of Precarity on Urban Neighbourhood Economies and Particular Populations in Peel (PDF | PPT)
- James Nugent — Challenging Precarity through Community Benefits Agreements (PDF | PPT)
- Serene Tan and Kaylie Tiessen — State of Ontario’s Minimum Wage (PDF | PPT)
- Sehr Atar — Like Wonder Women, Goddesses and Robots: How Racialized Immigrant Women in Toronto are impacted by and respond to Employment Precarity (PDF | PPT)